Pressburst offers a full API to enable developers to integrate it into their clients’ websites. All organisations using Pressburst can connect to the API end-points to pull in news stories in a similar way to the widget.
Using the API has the advantage of being able to completely control how the news stories are displayed on the publishing website.
The API – api.pressburst.com/v3 – has two end-points:
Schools can find out their channel names via the Settings section of Pressburst.
Fields definitions are as follows:
- meta: object containing, channel name, total records, etc.
- channelid: a GUID of the current Channel.
- sefname: simplfied channel name for using in endpoint.
- newsitemid: a GUID (36 character) unique identifier for a news story.
- sourceid: a GUID of the original news story (the source).
- newsdate: the date of the story.
- headline: the story headline or title.
- sefheadline: a simplfied headline for use in API endpoint.
- standfirst: the story standfirst or summary.
- body: the story body or detail.
- publishdate: the story published date.
- publisher: name of publishing organisation.
- organisation: name of organisation that created the story.
- shortcode: unique alphnumeric shortcode for story.
- fullcategories: an array of categories that the story is assigned.
- categories: an array of URL safe category names
- orgtags: array of tags assigned to the organisation, currently used to identify regions, e.g. southwest
- tags: An array of tags assiged to the story by the story publisher.
- refcodes: object containing reference codes (used by certain channels).
- media: array of media objects – may be images, documents or embed codes (e.g. Vimeo, YouTube, SoundCloud etc.)
- mediaobjectid: GUID of image – used to link to story.
- isprimary: 1 or 0, true or false – the primary photo of the story.
- width: image width.
- height: image height.
- fileurl: non-SSL URL to file.
- filesslurl: SSL URL to file.
- mime: MIME type of file.
- type: type of file.
- filename: filename of file or one of Vimeo, YouTube, SoundCloud for embed.
- fileext: file extension.
- caption: caption associated with file.
- sizes: an object of sizes containing urls to resized images along with width and height
- embedcode: embed code for video or sound content media.
- paging: object showing pagination data, e.g. next page number.
For more information about the API – or to arrange a call-back with one of our development team – please contact: email@example.com